Monday 12 April 2010

No 108: Delayed Easter Egg Competition

BELOW is an article from the "Daily Express" about recent events in the economy. (A bit old now - I first wrote this post over Easter! Still useful to read though.)

Below the article are some questions.

To every student who brings the answers to their economics class on Monday 19th April - I WILL GIVE YOU AN EASTER EGG! (As long as I can still find some, otherwise some substitute chocolate product.)

Easter Holiday Boost as Pound Leaps Against the Euro                                                            


1) What are the 3 factors which have led to the rise in Sterling and the FTSE 100? (Hint: 2 are near the beginning of the article and 1 is near the end.)


2) How will the rise in Sterling affect British people going on holidays abroad?


3) Why do finanical institutions want a clear election result?

1 comment:

  1. Many congratulations to Alan from my AS AM class who was the only student to come to me with answers.

    Is it worth the time and effort to do activities like this in the future? It took me around 45 minutes.....

    ReplyDelete