Sunday 14 March 2010

No 94: Key Information

ONE small thing to do, but something that could give you an advantage, is to remember then use in your exam the current major statistics about the UK economy:

  • CPI INFLATION: 3.5% (JAN)
  • UNEMPLOYMENT 7.8% (JAN)
  • GDP GROWTH 0.3% (Q4 2009)
  • TRADE BALANCE -£3.8 BILLION (JAN)
Good phrases to allow you to use these figures in your exam are-

"As can be seen from the current UK inflation rate of ____, .........."

"Unlike nowadays, when the rate of inflation is ______, ............."

"Having an inflation rate like the current UK one of ___, means that a government is likely to .........."

Believe me, few students will do this, yet it shows you have kept up with the latest developments in the UK economy. I think this could mark out your essay as one possibly deserving of a high mark.

I'll make you a deal - I'll update these statistics as they change if you promise to try and use them in the exams!

2 comments:

  1. I promise to use these statistics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the effort :) I will use them in the exams!

    ReplyDelete